Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I'm Off!

I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my flight to Calgary.  Fingers crossed everything is packed and safe.  I have been preparing for months and now just can't wait to get on the trail.  Unfortunately, that won't happen til I reach the US border because the Alberta flooding has wiped out the Canadian portion.  So it'll be asphalt the first 5 days or so.

I would like to thank  Mike Curiak himself who helped me tremendously.  Not only did he build me a beautiful set of wheels but provided tons of advice. Where would I be without him!  Roger at Niner Bikes was also very helpful.  Thanks to my trusty mechanic, Jason, who patiently checked and rechecked everything.  And Dr. Lindborg for his 3rd world experience on how to stay healthy in the backwoods and Dr. Beattie for the Supartz knee shots. Hope they work!

A huge thanks also goes out to Savoury & Lisa who will be taking care of my cat and property.  I won't worry about a thing! And Ginny for my good luck charm, Piazzie for the ride to the airport, and Carol for her care.

That's me at Kahuku Natl Park fully loaded!  Here we go!  2.5+ months!  I've never headed out on a trip not knowing when I'll return!

No comments:

Post a Comment