Wednesday, June 26, 2013

T Minus 6 days


It's now 6 days before I fly off to Banff and I'm still scrambling to get ready.  On top of that, it looks like the flooding in Alberta and southern British Columbia has devastated much of the trail and I will need to ride highways to the west of the Divide to get to the border at Roosville.   

I might have camped here!


I'm trying not to be too disappointed as I will be missing one of the most remote and challenging sections of the whole GDMBR along the Flathead Valley.  I am very grateful I wasn't in the thick of it when the storms hit and, of course, I feel for all the people who suffered losses.  Oh well!  Think of the mosquitoes!  

Here's the planned detour.  Route 93 is a designated scenic highway with several Provincial Parks available for camping.  It's 225 miles and probably 4 days.  So, all is certainly not lost.  Staying with my motto:  "Be Friendly!  Be Flexible!  Have Fun!"


No comments:

Post a Comment