Thursday, July 18, 2013

#15 7/18/13: Helena to Basin - 43.6mi

Hi there.  Boy!  I seriously lucked out yesterday.  I had heard a weather forecast predicting severe thunderstorms  and hail in the late afternoon so I made a point of getting into Helena early.  And sure enough, the storm came right on schedule but fortunately I was already checked into a motel - my first in 14 days on the trail.  Talk about timing!  Phew! Sure glad I wasn't out there in it!  Heard on the news this morning that so far this year 4 people have been injured by lightning in Montana's Natl Park.  Gulp!  Not a cloud in the sky this morning so I'm off again.
I am just not able to post very often plus I'm not able to attach photos.  So sorry!  But I will tell you yesterday, I saw 2 elk, 1 handsome buck and a moose.  So far, over 600 mi and 3 US Divide crossings behind me.
I would really appreciate receiving individual emails and or texts.  They really help to keep up my spirits.  Gotta go!  The trail calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment